September Highlights & October Goals
Hi, friends! Happy October!
It's crazy that fall is already here, but I'm really excited about it... and not just for pumpkin flavored treats and cooler weather! October and November are definitely going to be the busiest months yet for me and my business, and while that means weddings every weekend and lots of time sitting at my desk editing, I wouldn't have it any other way!
- Finished reading "Discipline: The Glad Surrender"by Elizabeth Elliot and began reading The Calvary Road by Roy Hession.
- I had the opportunity to get together with a bunch of Arkansas photographers at Cassie's studio. We learned, laughed, and talked about life. A lot.
- I booked three weddings this month… all of which I'm SUPER excited about! It's only September and 2014 is filling up quickly!
- Revive and Friday night bible study is always a highlight. :) I just love that the Lord has given me an opportunity to be a part of these things!
- Lucas and I had the opportunity to go to six flags with his family! We drove to Dallas (4 hours), hung out there all day, and drove back ALL IN THE SAME DAY. We're pretty hardcore. - Made lots of photographs... many of which will be coming to the blog very, very soon. :)
- I got to Skype with one of my friends in Japan (hey, Alexis!) and spend time with some super special people. Which makes me very happy. - Saw my family for the first time in a couple of months!
- Get up earlier.
- Read three books. And my Bible. Regularly.
- Spend more time preparing for girl's bible study and investing in the girls that come.
- I know it doesn't seem like much... but if I could just be faithful with these things this month, I'd be pretty happy.
- I would like to say 'drink less coffee'.....but honestly, that's just not going to happen.
- Book at least three more weddings for 2014. I have this goal every month. =]
- Design and print the first run of a magazine to give couples after they book with me, filled with lots of useful wedding-planning-and-photography-related information.
- Finish up the "about me" section of my website. It's been on hold for quite a while now.
- Continue making improvements and customizations within various social media.
- Photograph (at least) three engagement sessions and four weddings! It's going to be a busy month, but I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited about it!
- Be more intentional in working in such a way that I honor God with everything I do.
(I took a few more pictures this month than I did last month! ...But 98% of them are still with my iPhone. Oh well. :)
I made ramen for the first time in our married life... and Lucas bought a truck to replace Alan (his car)!
My mom sent me that picture of Chrissy and I thought it was cute enough to include... even though I didn't technically take it. :)
Lucas shaved his beard. There was much wailing and despair after.
(Left): Me: "sometimes I stand in front of the mirror and try to figure out how to pose with the most flattering angles." Lucas: "Me too." (Middle): I made so much bread it tried to escape. (Right): I attempted to make chicken stir fry... but the chicken was very, very bad. So we picked it out and just ate the rice. .........Then went to subway. Probably my most massive kitchen fail yet (but at least no one got food poisoning)!
Revive. The photo on the left looks posed... but I promise it's not. Also, Hailey has two faces.