October Highlights & November Goals
I’ve sat here, contemplating what to blog about for at least 20 minutes before I realized that TODAY IS NOVEMBER.
How is it November already?!
So, I feel like it’s a bit of a copout (because I was planning to blog about much more serious matters), but the changing of months means reviewing old goals and setting new ones…. so here’s to starting a new month afresh. :)
- This month I photographed five weddings and three engagement sessions. Which kind of blows my mind to think about. Sometimes I stare at my calendar and wonder if this is really my life. (Am I the only one….?)
- I didn’t actually FINISH any books this month, but I’m almost done with “Surprised by Joy” by C.S. Lewis and I started reading “The Excellent Wife” by Martha Peace (thanks, Jennie! :).
- I’m starting to see more clearly about a couple of fairly important issues that I’ve been thinking about a lot lately…which is exciting. I know that the Lord has been working in my life this month, but sometimes it’s hard to see it.
- Finish two or three books. This year has just slipped by and I’ve not read nearly as much as I would have liked.
- Set clearer boundaries between personal and work time. And keep them. It’s very easy for me to just work ALL the time, and I really need to stop.
- Journal more consistently, even if I don’t feel like it. I’ve found over the years that journaling helps me think more clearly.
- I’m helping Cassie Jones teach a workshop and stylized wedding shoot this weekend, which is a first for me. In every way. I am determined to attempt to at least make a little bit of sense. :)
- Strive for excellence with this month’s four weddings and finish the season strong.
- Finish my magazine. This was supposed to be done last month, but I overestimated how much time I’d have!
- Go above and beyond serving my clients and carve out some time to implement it!