Top 15 Best Things about 2013
Happy New Year, friends!!
Honestly, I am more than ready for a new year. This past year, a lot of life-altering things happened, and while they were great.... there were a lot of not-so-great things that came along with them and I'm so ready to put them behind me and move. on.
But more on that later. :)
Rather than dwell on the hard parts, I wanted to take today to celebrate what was great about 2013 and everything the Lord has done! It was truly a fantastic year, and looking back, I can't believe how blessed I was!
1. My senior show went really well.
2. I had the opportunity to go to Trevor Dayley's workshop in Kansas City.
3. Spent about a week in New York City.
4. Met Katelyne (a showiteer! :) and did my first styled shoot ever with her.
5. I joined our church and was baptized for real!
6. Went to the Christians in photojournalism conference.
7. Planned a wedding (with a TON of help from family and friends!)
8. Graduated college.
9. Got married. :)
10. Went to California for our honeymoon.
11. Found our first home together and started being a real adult for the first time.
12. I quit my college Starbucks job, OFFICIALLY started my business, photographed 19 weddings this year.
I couldn't have asked for a better year, business wise. Seriously. I worked for some of the most amazing people, and I'm so grateful for all of the opportunities I had.
13. I had the opportunity to teach a weekly girl's bible study in our home.
It was one of the highlights of my weeks. Also, Cody took over revive.
14. I read about twelve books.
15. I grew in knowledge and understanding of the Bible.
Specifically in my understanding of the gospel, false teachers, and end times. Though my progress seemed slow at times, I know the Lord was working in my life.