Our Everyday Adventures | Edition 5
I can’t believe it’s been two months since my last life update! It feels everything has gone million miles an hour lately, and the time is passing far too quickly!! Like. Seriously. How is it almost MAY!?!
My goal was to finish up our house by the first of March… but here it is almost May and we’re still working on it. :) Lucas and I have both been crazy busy with our jobs (which is a really good thing!!) and haven’t had time to dedicate to finishing everything up like we would have liked. But!! We’re getting close, and I seriously just can’t wait to be able to cook meals in our kitchen again and to get a couch in the living room. :)
Anyway, if you’re new to this series you can read the most recent “Everyday Adventures” post here!!
Our Everyday Adventures — April 1-27:
- This month has been packed. full. of. travel. By the end of the month, I’ll have spent over 70 hours driving for work alone, which I think may be a new record! Somewhere along the way, I’ve discovered how wonderful audio books are and I’ve almost finished listening to “The Girl on the Train” by Paula Hawkins. It’s been a long time since I’ve read fiction, and I’ve forgotten how wonderful it is to get lost in a slowly unfolding, beautiful story. It’s helped me to fall in love with reading again, and it’s made the long hours in the car pass far more quickly!!
- Speaking of travel, I spent the first week of the month in Rome, Georgia for the Pursuit Conference. I plan on doing a full blog post about my time there soon, but I still have some things I need to sort out in my heart first! It’s been almost a month, but I’m still processing what The Lord is teaching me from my time there, and I’m so excited about the things He’s doing in my life.
- Even though I’ve spent almost as many nights in hotels as my own bed this month, we ARE making progress on the house!! We’ve finished up tiling and trimming out the laundry room, we’ve almost finished up painting every wall in the house, and we got our new countertops installed last week! Honestly, the biggest things we have left to do is lay the floors, install trim, finish painting the cabinets, and figure out our backsplash situation. Which is a lot. But we’ve also made a TON of progress, so I’m trying to focus on that. :)
- Lucas has started working on our very first garden, and it’s really coming to life! He planted onions and potatoes outside and has started a variety of peppers and tomatoes inside that are almost ready to be planted in the new raised beds he built! Even though it’s mostly been Luke’s project, I absolutely cannot wait to eat fruits and vegetables from our very own garden. :)
- Currently, we don’t have running water in our kitchen… or an oven. The only thing we’ve got working is a microwave, so meals have been a fun challenge. :) We’ve eaten out a lot, which seems like it should be fun… but I really just can’t wait to be able to cook again!! Hopefully just a few more days!!
- Luke’s birthday was yesterday, and we had a fun time celebrating with family over the weekend and together yesterday! We spent the afternoon exploring Fayetteville together, which was something I’ve wanted to do for a while. Even though I grew up in northwest Arkansas, I never spent any time in Fayetteville, so it was fun getting to know our new home just a little bit better! I can’t believe I’ve had the opportunity to celebrate five birthdays with my sweet husband since we’ve been together, and I’m looking forward to celebrating many, many more in the years to come. :)