73 Questions to Get to Know Me (Vogue Style!)
Can you believe it's already almost been an entire month of twice weekly chats here on the blog?
Since I've relaunched these posts, I've wanted to do a little "about me" post for those of you who are new and may not know much about me! So when I found Vogue's 73 questions, I thought that would be a great way for us to get to know each other a little better! Unfortunately, this post doesn't come with a fast-paced and witty video like the actual Vogue interviews, but I think it's still a great way to get to know each other! Plus, it felt a little bit like throwing it back and filling out a xanga-style quiz… which you know I'm all about. ;)
1. What’s your favorite movie?
Although I haven't seen it since college, I'd still have to say Lord of the Rings. In highschool, I could quote almost every line.
2. Your most used emoji?
3. What's the best thing that's happened to you this month?
Launching the blog and writing consistently!
4. A book you plan on reading?
I wrote an entire post about books I plan to read this year here!
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
6. Favorite TV show?
It's 100% a toss up between Gilmore Girls and The Office.
7. One thing you still have from your childhood?
All of my journals.
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
Layla from The Lettered Cottage. Her Instagram stories are HILARIOUS and always something I look forward to watching when I log on! Plus, her home decor is perfection and her inspirational Homegoods trips teach me SO much about styling!!
11. What’s your favorite food?
This Pad Thai recipe from Minimalist Baker.
12. What does creativity mean to you?
Making something exist that didn't didn't before that makes you feel deeply satisfied.
13. Best advice for your 19 year old self?
Start cultivating good habits NOW, and hold on to the friendships you'll make with everything you've got.
14. Favorite drink?
Either coffee or kombucha.
15. Favorite dessert?
Salted Caramel Cluster Cashew Milk "Ice Cream" from So Delicious. Literally the most delicious thing I've ever eaten.
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
17. Coffee or tea?
Coffee - I can't make myself like tea!
18. Must have purse item?
Chapstick. Can't leave home without it.
19. What did you want to do with your life at age 12?
20. Favorite solo artist?
Taylor Swift, obvi.
21. What is one goal you are determined to achieve?
Glorify God & enjoy Him, no matter what I'm doing.
22. Would you ever live anywhere besides Arkansas?
23. Where does one go on a perfect road trip?
It's clique, but California. I've done it twice, and I think everyone should experience it.
24. What do you do on a rainy day?
I want to say something romantic like curl up and read a good book… but probably work. TBH.
25. What was your worst subject in school?
26. Dogs or cats?
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
28. What do you usually eat for breakfast?
Oatmeal and coffee.
29. What do you usually eat for dinner?
Anything from Minimalist Baker. #obsessed
30. First celebrity crush?
31. What color was your prom dress?
Bright bright bright pink.
32. Age when you were first kissed?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. Where do you wish to visit?
Basically anywhere in Europe.
35. What’s your favorite color?
36. Least favorite color?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
39. Cutest thing on the planet?
40. Plans for the weekend?
Painting the house while Lucas is gone, hiking. I live a wild life. ;)
41. Best way to de-stress?
Netflix and/or read.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
To be able to fly.
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. Were you named after anyone?
45. Favorite lunch?
46. Do you like flying?
I married a pilot, so I think I have to say yes :)
47. Do you bake?
48. What is your favorite cereal?
I honestly haven't eaten cereal in so long I couldn't tell you. I liked coco puffs in college, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn't touch them now.
49. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I don't know if I even own a pair of shoes with laces.
50. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
Beach house surrounded by mountains?
51. Last movie you watched?
I think it was Breakfast at Tiffany's.
52. Currently reading?
"Watch Me Disappear" by Janelle Brown
53. How long have you been on Facebook?
About 11 years.
54. Cooking or baking?
Cooking for food and baking for deserts!
55. Favorite baked goods?
56. Hair color?
57. Eye color?
Depends on the day.
58. Scary film or happy endings?
Happy endings 100000%
59. Favorite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
Taylor Swift, Elisabeth Elliot, and Jesus.
61. Something you wish you could be good at?
62. Favorite fashion trend?
Skinny jeans + oversized comfy sweaters. (Is that a trend? Or is that just life??)
63. Who do you turn to when you're sad?
64. What is your kryptonite?
65. What are you most enchanted by?
Nature and simplicity.
66. What is your biggest strength?
Creativity and attention to detail.
67. What is your biggest weakness?
Not being willing to ask for help.
68. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you meet them?
69. What is your guilty pleasure?
Falling down the rabbit hole of random videos on Youtube.
70. Best first date idea?
A picnic with a view.
71. Favorite animal?
72. 3 words to describe your style?
Simple, classic, and timeless.
73. Last photograph you took?
This sweet photo of my dear friend. I've known this sweet lady since we were kids, and she was about 10 years old in the first photograph I made of her. I just can't believe she's all grown up and going to have a baby soon!!